- I reserved the right to use all covers I create for promotional reasons: to add to my portfolio and/or for promotional purposes on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. This is a win win for us both. You are also promoted when I post your cover with your credits.
- I declared that to the best of my knowledge that I have obtained all proper rights or licenses for all images used in creation of the work.
- The client agrees to pay the artist all sums due, which may vary over the original artist estimate depending on complexity, and any other disbursements (i.e. image bank art graphics). Fifty percent (50%) will be payable upon agreement for project, with the balance of payment due within seven (7) business days of the Author approving the final cover design. Payment will be made via PayPal. Final cover templates will be released to the client after receipt of final payment.
- I acknowledge that I do not own or have right or title to the book containing the work, nor to receive any royalties on book(s) sold, or derivative works containing the work.
- I agree to treat all information about the book’s content as confidential and not cause or permit such confidential Information to be disclosed to any third party, until the book is published online by the author.
- I am the creator of the work.
- Shall transfer my copyright of the work to the client upon final payment receipt.
In the event of any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement arising from or relating to this agreement or the breach thereof, the parties hereto shall use their best efforts to settle the dispute, claim, question, or disagreement. To this effect, the Parties shall consult and negotiate with each other in good faith and, recognizing their mutual interests, attempt to reach a just and equitable solution satisfactory to both parties. If they do not reach such solution within a period of thirty (30) days, then, upon notice by either party to the other, all disputes, claims, questions, or differences shall be finally settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with the provisions of its Commercial Arbitration Rules.
The terms of this agreement shall be interpreted according to the laws and legal jurisdiction of the State of Michigan, USA.
PRINTABLE CONTRACT VERSION: Indie Book Designs Contract